A Brand New Season!
Brand New Blog and Ideas!
Welcome back to Learning Whimsically at Mickey’s Place!
My blog totally crashed several months ago. I was frazzled! Luckily for me, I reached out to Laine Sutherland of Laine Sutherland Designs, who had designed my blog five years ago. She was able to redesign it with the new format!
During these months away from my blog, I had a chance to really think about how I could use Learning Whimsically at Mickey’s Place to help you in your classroom!
I will need your help with this.
These are some ideas I have been thinking about!💭
- I want to give back to many of you some of the wealth of knowledge, I have gleaned over the past years. I taught for 44 years, mostly in primary. Loved first grade!
- I was a presenter for AIMS Education and was trained in primary math and science techniques.
- I taught education classes for primary teachers on methods for the teaching of learning of math and science concepts to students. This teaching span covered 12 years for the University of Virginia in Roanoke.
- Now retired, I realized that many of you are young teachers. Possibly, I can pass on some of what I have learned to you, and then — onto your students.
- I will need you to sign up for my email list. Even if you have before. ✋ I have a new server for this. This will help me to communicate with you. I want to be able to occasionally ask you some questions/ surveys on what you need to help you NOW!😏
- Next, I plan on developing a series of blog posts centered around Number Sense. Within these posts will be ideas, free items, and I hope some common sense ways to help your students. 📊
- I also plan to write about ideas for Language Arts, Reading, and Grammar. I certainly taught many young learners how to read. I learned a few tricks along the way which I would love to share💖.
- I also plan on writing some posts on seasonal activities, such as Leaf Projects, holiday fun, and more.🌄
That is it for today!
Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldEditEdit in GingerEdit in Ginger×